Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation



This is my little Pookie Bear Nathan, aka Nay Nay, all grown up and graduating from Kindergarten. He got all 4's (A's) on his report card. I'll never forget the day I was home from work and decided to take a nap. The doorbell rang around 12:45. I thought it was the UPS man so I just ignored it. Then a few minutes later the dog started freaking out - so I got up to investigate. There standing on the front step was Nathan. He was outside at recess and decided he didn't want to be at school anymore. Mom was more fun. So he just came home. After lots of hugs and kisses and a juice bag I returned him to school - where everyone was out looking for him. This landed him in the Principals office. When Mr. Rogerson asked him what happened he replied, "I escaped school. I'm gonna hang out with Mom." He had a few more attempted escapes but they caught him in time. I was worried about him, but he ended up doing just fine. Love my baby boy!

2 comments:

Noma said...

Ya gotta love those 'baby boys'!! It is hard to let them go...but ya have to one day and then the next thing you know they are graduating!! Loved your story!!

Cindi said...

He ESCAPED school?! That's both impressive and scary! Wow! I think I'd freak OUT if my child escaped school. My son wouldn't be the one getting in trouble... I'm just sayin'. :D It's super cute, though, that he preferred to hang with Mom. You must be cool!