Friday, March 6, 2009

I can find anyone!

My Mom thinks I can track down anybody. :-) I am pretty good if I put my mind to it. Anyway, my mom had lost touch with her friend, Gloria, and asked me to help with finding her. So I did the Google thing and got nowhere. Then I thought...FACEBOOK! I looked up Gloria's daughter and found a few people with the same name. I picked one and sent her a message. It had been a few weeks and I had not heard back so I thought I picked the wrong one - but then today while I was at work I got a text message! I was excited because it was my first text ever - and it turns out I had picked the right one! Gloria's daughter texted me and she remembered my Mom and gave me all Gloria's contact information. She lives in Salt Lake City and my Mom and Dad are going to Utah next week for a Family Reunion - maybe they can have a friend reunion!
I raced home after work so I could call my Mom. She was so happy/surprised/excited I had to read her the message two times.
She is going to call her tonight. I can't wait to hear how it went.
Yeah for Facebook!

2 comments:

Amy G. said...

That's so cool! Facebook is gonna put all those expensive people finder websites outta business, I tell ya! Right on, sista!

Pininmud said...

You shouls try www.yasni.com as well - it's a free online people search so doesn't cost you a penny!!