Sunday, March 1, 2009

I want this one.

(we will get the 4th bedroom option.)





And shock of all shockers - Darrell went on a Mortgage Calculator and - we can afford it! If you are familiar with my current house you understand why I was surprised. There is a HUGE difference.
The bad news - as of last week, according to Zillow.com, we are officially upside down on our mortgage. The last six months have been brutal on the value of our house.
So rather than boo hoo about it I am going to get to work! Many of my friends know I have been begging my husband to rent a dumpster so I can clear this place out. Guess what!!!!! He ordered me a 16ft one and it will be here Tuesday! I am so excited! He has been instructed to butt out and let me do my thing - and not to go dumpster diving to get back anything I have tossed out! I bet that joker is filled up in 3 days.
After all the cleaning out - the home improvements will begin!
Since there will finally be room to move - paint, paint, and paint! Everything needs painted.
Then - tile the kitchen floor.
I also want to take a portion of the family room and make a 4th bedroom. I might have to wait on that one because Darrell and I are clueless about framing out a wall and hanging dry wall.
Maybe by the time I get all this stuff done the economy will be better and I will be able to sell this house?? Oh! Let me dream! :-)

2 comments:

Cindi said...

Wow! Sounds like you're going to be busy!! Need any help? I'm a thrower-outer, so no worry I'll be dumpster diving! ;) I could even guard the dumpster to keep the "boys" in your house from digging! ;)

Amy G. said...

I'm so excited for you! You totally need this house!